|In DEG Inquiry 18138, MOTOR provides a breakdown of “Add if Required” operation “Aim Headlamps”.
“Includes use of all necessary tools and equipment in-order to aim headlamps within specifications.
The estimated work time for “Headlamp Aim” includes the following:
· Vehicle staging (parked on level ground)
· Adjust to specifications
The estimated work time for “Headlamp Aim” does not include the following.
· Component part replacement.
· Inspect vehicle for damage.
· Verify Oil level.
· Verify Coolant level.
· Verify Tire Pressure.
· Verify Trunk & Vehicle cargo removal.
· Load “150 LBS” in Front Seat.
· Special Equipment Set-Up.”
Before finalizing a damage assessment, always reference OEM repair information for required steps to perform proper headlight aiming. Some OEM headlight aiming procedures may be complex, requiring non-traditional tools such as an OEM Scan tool and/or specific measuring equipment.